Saturday, June 23, 2007

TILT!!!

Last night I sat at a 1/2 Limit HE table for a couple of hours. After being up over $20, I ended up dropping $60 on runner runner suckouts.

I was pretty pissy. $60 is A LOT to me.

So, I decided to go play some 1/2 stud8 instead.

I've not played much s8 on FTP in the past, and when I did it was smaller limits for short amounts of time.

I sat at the table with $20, and over the next 30-45 minutes proceeded to scoop over half the pots I won, and leave the table with over $150, AND cleared a bonus.

I doubled my bankroll.

I'm not trying to brag, I wanted to share with all my friends who play s8. I wonder if the s8 is this juicy all of the time, and if there is less variance in the game. I doubt it, but I'm gonna find out.

2 comments:

  1. I haven't played a great deal of s8, but I have had a few streaks of playing it. I find the most important thing in that game is table selection. I've played up to the 3/6 game and that part doesn't change. It seems that since there aren't as many tables running for this game, people are willing to play higher stakes than they normally would and the games don't change a whole lot up to that level.

    It is a very high variance game much like PLO. There will be big highs and low, so don't over play your BR and look for games with high percentages to 4th. Good luck.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well played, sir.

    ReplyDelete