Saturday, August 18, 2007

Grind Update...

I wasn't able to start my bankroll challenge until Thursday this week... it was the end of the quarter for me at school, and for those of you who read my personal blog you know that the end of the quarter for me is an extremely busy time.

Anyhoo - I was able to start Thursday and I have played 3 sessions since then.

It didn't start off with a flare thats for sure. I was able to stack up almost 2 buyins in less than an hour, but a couple of 77>KK hands and I left down half a buy in.

*I just realized I had the wrong screenshot here*

My second session was pretty frustrating, again I was up a bit early (not much) and at one point I was dealt 33 and decided to take a flop with it since a lot of people had limped... I flopped my set and made a great "read" played the hand well... but you all know how that goes. One thing I noticed about this session is my vpip was 19%!! Awful I know, but even when I tried to get it up, I was getting cold decked.



Third time was a charm, and I had finally managed to get up my 4 buyins in about an hour and I quit. I had two great tables that paid me off and at one had a guy that insisted on continuing to try and bluff me, even tho I called every time. I thought I was playing great here, sticking with my reads, thinking out the action when a river bet was posed and I didn't have a great hand. It was hard to leave when I was having a good session for once, but I did!

The biggest lesson I've learned?

Of course, this lesson I already knew, but it's nice to have it come back to you when I actually stop and take notice.

POSITION POSITION POSITION

We all know it is a crucial element of poker, but I know I forget crucial things more than I'd like to admit.

It is extremely difficult to try and outplay a donk when you do not have position -- maybe if I keep ramming that thru my skull I'll start to remember it one day.

As for now, since I haven't been able to play 5 sessions yet this week, there is no pstour playing for tomorrow. I will try to get in two more winning sessions today if time allows so we shall see!

JAMOT

EDIT:

I had AA vs AA twice during this session -- but I came out ahead in the end


2 comments:

  1. 19% VPIP is perfectly acceptable with micro/small stakes full ring games. I wouldn't worry about your stats too much. Just try and play well and make adjustments to situations you think are leaks. I see a lot of players trying to get their stats to match other players stats, but you have to just find the way you are comfortable playing. I know a lot of people who are successful at being set mining nits and have a vpip of 5% and a PRF of 3%.

    Putting an emphasis on position is a good plan and will definitely help when you move up in stakes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. GREAT START!!!!

    Be your own Slut and grind this bitch into the ground!!!

    Riv.

    ReplyDelete